Monday, February 9, 2009

Props for Roadmaster INC

A little story about a company with real customer service! I am talking about Roadmaster Inc they sell towing solutions ,towbars,aux brake systems here is a link to their website:Roadmaster

100_3794

On Our way to Fla for the winter in Dec 08 our even brake monitor in the coach would not communicate with the unit in the truck,,so with just over 200 miles to go I decided to just limp in the rest of the way. Well about 120 later on I95 in a construction zone a motorhome 2 vehicles in front of us hit one of those orange construction barrels and sent if flying, the first vehicle a small car swerved out and missed it,the second vehicle a Toyota pickup decided to stop now! I hit the brakes and swerved to the right as much as I could,the mh stopped on a dime but because the trk brakes weren't applied by the evenbrake it just broke the Falcon 2 towbar flush at the trk mount, it came forward and ended up on top of my toolbox mounted on the hitch.100_3799 destroyed the towbar and the hitch as well as the toolbox.100_3801 100_3803 We waited for the police to show for a report and after taking the box and hitch off and put in back of the truck we went down the road to a closed truck scale to do the report. The wife took one of the girls and followed me the rest of the way in. 100_3804 That was on a Thursday,on Monday the adjuster showed up from Good Sam VIP insurance and wrote it up 4 days later we got the checks for everything.

I called Roadmaster and talked to a customer service rep by the name of Diana,told her the whole story and that I had bought the towbar used over a year ago, she said no problem we offer anyone who has one of our towbars a new one for $250.00 if we send the old one in for failure analysis, I ask if it was possible to upgrade to a Falcon 2 All Terrain and she said of course for $300.00 we can upgrade it for you.. We boxed up the pieces and sent them off,about 10 days later Diana called for our CC # and then 9 days later we got our new towbar ($984.00 @ Camping World)ApplauseFor only $300.00 Total!!!

The next part of the story goes like this: After getting everything else done and ready to go I tried the evenbrake again,,still no luckI dont know

So I called Roadmaster once again,left a message and Frank I think his name was called me back a little while later. I told him the whole story and he ask if he sent me a new unit if I could install it Of course I said Hell yeah!! So they are sending me a brand new Evenbrake complete and a return shipping label to send the old one back..Now evenbrake's are about $1100.00 and ours was 3 years old,,1 year out of warranty!

Now that is what I call a company that cares about their customers and stands behind their products.... So if you are ever in need of a product they sell give them your business You wont be sorry!!100_3795

Here are some pics of the new setup!toolbox toolboxside Kobalt Stainless Steel toolbox mounted on custom, made by me hitch and the new Falcon All Terrain Towbar

 

No comments: